L1 – First Line Support – Basic Controls
- Recieve the requirements through channels like,
- Mobile Application
- Recognize the customer,
- Existing Customer
- New Customer
- Sales partner check,
- License Check
- Upgrade Check
- The Controls Sales partners need to do
- Network controls
- Configuration controls
- Client Side controls
- Log controls
- Remote/SSH Connection Control
- Prioritize the issue.
- Categorize the issue.
- Apply basic tasks documented for trouble shooting.
- Track tickets until successfully resolved.
- Move requirement to L2.
L2 – Second Line Support – Analyze Issue
- Management of the requirements that came from first line support.
- Follow documented processes and workflows provided by clients.
- Maintain the Knowledge Base which informs the customers.
- Check bugging level such as,
- Major Bug
- Minor Bug
- Creating Documents like,
- API Documents
- Configuration Documents
- Technical Document
- Information Document
- Move requirement to L3.
L3 – Third Line Support – Development
- Resolve issues that are typically difficult or subtle.
- Management, prioritization, optimization, trouble shooting activities, issue management, stability analysis, etc.
- Identifying problems in advance and looking for continuous service improvement opportunities. If a fix involves a major enhancement or a development, then the problem is transferred to evaluation/analysis process.
- Provide root or administrator access to basic systems.
The analysis scheme of the support steps in general is as follows.